Hurray! The Whole School is Radon Free

The Whole School Board is pleased and relieved to announce that the school building is certified radon free.  This means that our radon test revealed low to no levels of radon present within the school.

Radon is a dangerous gas that is released from the earth and has “hot” spots throughout the Kootenays.  According to Greg Baytalan, the Specialist Environmental Health Officer with Interior Health, “The presence of radon gas is impossible to predict without testing”.  He encourages parents to test their homes.  Free testing units are available from the RDCK offices in Nelson.